Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name, passcode and memorable word which enables you to access this website, you are responsible for keeping this user name, passcode and memorable word confidential. You must not share this information with anyone.
What is personal data?
The term “personal data”, as used herein, comprises any information attributed or attributable to you as a user of our website, whether such information was entered by you, collected from you or otherwise obtained.
Who is responsible for the proper handling of your personal data?
As the provider of this website, we, NWS Digital are the responsible data controller for all personal data that we hold about you, and that we collect, process and use in connection with your use of the website.
What types of personal data do we collect, process, and use?
Personal data that we collect, process and use in connection with the website includes not only information that we actively collect while you interact with the website but also information that you voluntarily provide to us over the website in various contexts (e.g., when you send an e-mail to our customer service, when you fill in an online form, provide details for the various calculators, etc.) Hence, it is thus not possible to define an exhaustive list of all potential types of personal data that we may collect, process and use. In general, however, typical types of personal data comprise the following:
- Login ID and password;
- User profile information, being username (registration email id) and password;
- Mobile number;
- User preferences (e.g., preferred language settings);
- IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of internet service provider, and other types of computer and connection related information relevant to identifying your type of device, connecting to the website, enabling data exchange with you and your device, and ensuring a convenient use of the website;
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL) and IP address of the website from which you accessed, or were directed to, our website, including date and time;
- Subpages visited while on our website, links followed on the website, including date and time;
- The full URL click stream to, through and from the website, including date and time;
- Search terms entered;
- Services/products viewed or searched for on the website;
- Information collected by cookies or similar technologies (as described in the next paragraph);
- Newsletter subscriptions, enrollment for promotions, use of special offers, etc.
- Consents, authorizations, etc. granted;
- Survey answers, reviews, ratings and other types of feedback provided;
- Content of any communication sent through the website, including any information posted on social communities on the website or otherwise shared with NWS Digital and/or other users, as well as chat messages and chat transcripts;
- Geo-location information when permitted by you on your device; and
- Any other information that you enter on, or upload to, the website including the following which is collected from you to feed into online forms for the purposes of the various financial calculators on the BigDecisions Website:
- Demographic information (as entered by you or authorized by you to extract from you social profile like Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Financial information including assets, liabilities, earnings, expenses, insurance cover (as entered by you),
- information about dependents and family (as entered by you),
What do we do with your personal data?
We collect, process use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- To administer, operate, maintain and improve the website;
- To verify your identity;
- To assist in improving your decisions through suggestions/cautionary advise;
- To provide you with a more personalized experience of our website (e.g., by tailoring any content or next steps to your individual preferences);
- To aggregate/ collate requirements from “people like you” basis which new/ customized products may be developed for “people like you”
- To evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services;
- To help us to improve and personalize the website, our products and services;
- To perform analytics and conduct customer research, including general market research or surveying our customers’ needs and opinions on specific issues, generating sales and traffic patterns, and to analyze advertising effectiveness, both on an anonymous basis (e.g., by aggregating data) or on an individual basis (if legally permissible);
- To answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- To provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you performed through, email, telephone, newsletter, text/SMS, and MMS messaging, including periodic sending of promotional materials on products, services and promotions of NWS Digital specifically dedicated to you (direct marketing);
- To communicate with you on other matters (e.g., to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages or service bulletins);
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- To comply with legal obligations, prevent unlawful uses of the website, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements;
- For other purposes that you have specifically agreed to;
- To provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we or they consider may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- Otherwise as permitted by applicable law.
We will seek your consent before collecting, processing and using your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes, where legally required. Likewise, if we wish to use your personal data for a new or different purpose, we will notify you thereof and will only make such other use if it is required or permitted by applicable law or if you have consented to it.
For the purposes mentioned above, only a limited number of individuals within NWS Digital (certain managers with assigned responsibility) will receive access to your personal data. We may also share your personal data with third parties where required and partner websites for the sale of targeted products and services.
NWS Digital uses various cookies and similar technologies to provide you with the optimum functionality and best experience of the Bigdecisions Website. However, please note that we may aggregate the data including personal data collected by these cookies and similar technologies with other information collected by the use of the Bigdecisions Website in our attempt to provide you with an even better experience and functionality of our services.”
Cookies are small text files located in your browser directory. When a website is accessed, a cookie that is placed on a device sends information to the browser. Cookies are extremely common and used on a number of websites. In general, the purpose of cookies is to improve the performance of the website and the user’s experience in using that website, though cookies may also serve advertisements (which we explain below).
NWS Digital uses the following types of cookies and similar technologies in connection with this website:
- You can read more about Google AdWords on the Google website here
- You can opt out of the cookie tracking here.
- Facebook Remarketing: Places cookies on your computer which means that after you leave our website Facebook can show you advertisements about NWS that you might be interested in, based on your previous behaviour on our website. This information is not personally identifiable.
- YouTube: Places cookies on your computer which means that after you leave our website YouTube can show you advertisements about NWS that you might be interested in, based on your previous behaviour on our website. This information is not personally identifiable.
- BigDecisions (persistent cookie that lasts after you close your browser): NWS uses a cookie that serves to identify the user during his current session on this website. The BigDecisions.com cookie identifies returning visitors so we can retrieve previous session inputs and results for the last usage of our tools based on stored data for that visitor. We also use the cookies to identify registered users who are logged in. We do not store any personal information in the cookie. The user can remove the cookies from the browser cache. The cookie does not transfer any data to third parties.
- Social sharing cookies: We use social sharing buttons for services including, but not limited to, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. These allow you to share pages with your friends via those networks. While you will be asked to log in to use these services, this process is handled directly with the social sharing providers and their databases and servers. These sites may also monitor your usage of these buttons, through the use of external tracking codes that are required to run the buttons on this website
You can modify your cookies settings, or refuse to accept cookies at all, thus limiting the amount of personal data that we receive about you. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please be aware, however, that you might then not be able to take advantage of some functions and features of the website.
For a more thorough explanation of what cookies are and how they operate, please read the All About Cookies website.
Why and with whom do we share personal data?
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and we will ensure that the prospective seller or buyer treats your personal data as confidential.
- If a third party acquires NWS Digital or substantially all of its assets, in which case the personal data held by NWS Digital about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. We will ensure that the third party treats your personal data as confidential.
- If we use third parties to process your personal data on our behalf, for example, we may use third parties to host the BigDecisions Website and to maintain our IT systems. Where we use third parties to process your personal our Information on our behalf we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your personal data.
- When you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, we will disclose your personal data to carefully selected third parties to offer their services for the product/services you have opted for and also for imparting product knowledge and offers offered by our business partners. We may disclose your personal data to the following types of business partners:
- Financial services providers such as companies engaged in banking, credit cards, consumer finance, securities and insurance.
- Non-financial organizations such as companies engaged in direct marketing.
We do not sell, trade, rent, disclose, transfer or otherwise share your personal data, unless to the extent described in the following or as agreed by you in a specific context Whenever sharing personal data, we do so only in strict accordance with applicable laws.
Potential recipients of your personal data are listed in the following:
- NWS business partners:We may share your personal data (on a non-identifiable basis) with our business partners if there is a legitimate reason to do so (e.g., where a licensed business partner may provide you with appropriate product recommendations based on the information shared) and such sharing is legally permissible. A legal permission exists for instance if you have consented to the sharing of your personal data or if applicable law permits or requires it. In any case where we share your data with our business partners we do so only for specific purposes.
- Third party service providers: We may employ third party service providers (i.e., companies or individuals engaged by us) to perform certain functions on our behalf and under our instructions. Examples include website management, database management, maintenance services, web analytics, handling in-bound inquiries, and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing sales and marketing assistance and providing customer service. Third party service providers may for instance include IT companies, credit rating agencies or legal, financial and other advisors. Any third party provider will have access only to such personal data needed to perform its specific functions, and only for the purpose of performing these functions. We will ensure that any third party service provider is aware of and abides by these obligations. We will also ensure that any third party service provider treats your personal data at least such protection and security as required by applicable data protection laws and that they adopt adequate technical and organizational security measures.
- Courts, law enforcement authorities and regulators: We may share personal data when we believe it necessary to comply with the law, to protect the rights or safety of our website, other users, or third parties (e.g., for fraud protection purposes). Without limitation, this may include cases in which we are required to share personal data by the law or binding order of courts, law enforcement authorities or regulators. We will carefully determine the permissibility of providing personal data in each such context, paying particular attention to the type of request, types of data affected and any impact that a disclosure of personal data would have on the user affected. Should we decide to disclose personal data in such context we will also consider ways of reducing the scope of the disclosure, for instance by redacting the information provided.
Will personal data be transferred abroad?
Recipients of your personal data may be located in any country. This may include countries where applicable data protection laws provide a lesser degree of protection than your home country.
What else do we do to protect your personal data?
- NWS Digital understands the importance of data security and we want your browsing and purchasing experience with us to be as safe as possible. We protect your personal data from unauthorized access and use by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We have comprehensive documented information security program and information security policies that contain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures to protect your personal data. We have implemented reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, security practices and precautions to protect your personal data, as mandated by Indian law including such technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss, both in an online and offline context.
- Also, please understand that, while we strive to protect your personal data against potential risks and exposures, there is no absolute security in the online sphere. Hence, we ask you to support our IT security efforts by not disclosing any data on our website that is particularly sensitive or not required in the specific context. Furthermore, you can help us protecting your personal data by signing off when you finished using login-protected areas of the website.
How long do we retain personal data?
Your personal data will remain in our systems (archives) for as long as required in order to achieve the purpose for which such personal data was collected. Thereafter, such personal data is destroyed, unless retention thereof is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements.
What privacy choices do you have?
You have a variety of choices regarding which data we may collect, process and use about you and for which purposes. Some of these choices include the following:
- You may use our website and its functions and features anonymously or through a pseudonym, unless where it is strictly necessary to identify you (e.g., in the context of a allowing a business partners to contact you for offering its services).
- You can choose not to provide certain personal data at all, in particular where we seek your consent for the collection of information.
- You may at any time withdraw any privacy consent provided in the past or use our newsletter opt-out features and other features to unsubscribe.
- Upon registration you can choose which personal data you wish to share with us. You can delete, add or update your profile information under “Change my profile”. When you do so, we may however keep a copy of the prior version for our records and may continue to use it for lawful purposes to the extent required.
Why do you receive emails from us?
We may send you emails for various reasons, including the following:
- You have subscribed to our newsletter and/or opted in to receiving other types of marketing communication from us.
- You have placed an inquiry with us and we contact you in response to such an inquiry.
- We want to provide you with updates, privacy notices, warnings or other important information relevant to our users.
- You have opted to receive the illustrated results of your tool/ resource usage on our website/ app on email.
Type of Content
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit or link to content that is: unlawful; threatening; abusive; obscene; vulgar; sexually explicit; pornographic or inclusive of nudity; offensive; excessively violent; invasive of another’s privacy, publicity, contract or other rights; tortious; false or misleading; defamatory; libelous; hateful; or discriminatory;
- Harass or harm another person;
- Exploit or endanger a minor;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate any person or entity;
- Violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right;
- Introduce or engage in activity that involves the use of viruses, software disabling codes, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software, applications and/or any element comprising the BigDecisions Website, the application for accessing the content;
- Interfere with, damage, disable, disrupt, impair, create an undue burden on, or gain unauthorized access to the BigDecisions Website, including NWS Digital’s servers, networks or accounts;
- Cover, remove, disable, manipulate, block or obscure advertisements or other portions of the services/content available on the BigDecisions Website;
- Delete or revise any information provided by or pertaining to any other user of the BigDecisions Website;
- Use technology or any automated system such as scripts, spiders, offline readers or bots in order to collect or disseminate usernames, passwords, email addresses or other data from the BigDecisions Website, or to circumvent, delete, deactivate, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or modify any security technology or software that is part of the BigDecisions Website;
- Send or cause to send (directly or indirectly) unsolicited bulk messages or other unsolicited bulk communications of any kind through the BigDecisions Website;
- Solicit, collect or request any personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit an image or video of another person without that person’s consent;
- Engage in commercial activity (including but not limited to advertisements or solicitations of business; sales; contests; sweepstakes; creating, recreating, distributing or advertising an index of any significant portion of the Content; or building a business using the Content) without NWS Digitial’s prior written consent;
- Use technology or other means to access, index, frame, or link to the Site (including the Content) that is not authorized by NWS Digital;
- Access the BigDecisions Website (including the content) through any automated means, including “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers” (other than by individually performed searches on publicly accessible search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices – but not caches or archives – of the Site and excluding those search engines or indices that host, promote, or link primarily to infringing or unauthorized content);
- Use the services/content to advertise or promote competing services;
- Use the services/content in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable law; and
- Attempt, facilitate, induce, aid and abet, or encourage others to do any of the foregoing.
We shall make best efforts to ensure that any information in relation to the above, if posted on the BigDecisions Website is taken down at the earliest.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites for information purposes or the purchase/ assistance in purchase of various products and services. Such other websites are not controlled by us. When you visit such other website you do so at your own risk. NWS Digital cannot, and does not, assume any responsibility or liability for such other websites, the content of such websites and their privacy practices, nor do we endorse them. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by such other websites prior to providing them with information about you or entering into any transactions on them.
- NAME: MANISH SHAH
- TITLE: Grievance Officer
- PHONE: +91 22 6145 6119
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
Your feedback is always welcome. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or your online privacy please do not hesitate to contact us. You may also contact us if wish to gain access to the personal data we hold about you, if you wish to request that your personal data be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, or that we refrain from further use of your personal data, if you wish to withdraw any consents previously granted, or if you wish to object to the creation of individual user profiles.
You may reach out to us as follows:
- PHONE: +91 22 6145 6119
© NWS Digital India Private Limited, 2015
Version Date: 15-Sep-2015